NYC Employee Relations & Workplace Management Lawyers
Helping Employers in New York & Connecticut Minimize Workplace Rights Violations
Running a business is tough in today’s regulatory environment. The employer/employee relationship has strict rules that apply to even the smallest company. Recently, the enactment of complex new laws and the issuance of far-reaching court decisions has increased litigation in the courts.
Additionally, oversight and enforcement is becoming more commonplace, making it that much more critical that the legal advice and guidance you receive be prompt and accurate. At The Boyd Law Group, PLLC, we take a preventative approach in counseling clients on terminations, accommodations, discrimination, wage and hour laws, and other compliance items to minimize conflicts in the workplace that may lead to costly litigation.
Employee Relations & Workplace Management Issues
Our firm is dedicated to working with employers in New York and Connecticut to ensure that you understand your rights and responsibilities as established by federal, state, and local labor laws. Our proactive and preventative approach includes helping you create and enforce effective workplace policies and procedures that ensure your workplace environment is lawful and productive for your employees.
We are experienced in counseling small businesses and regularly providing assistance in the following areas:
- The preparation of comprehensive employee handbooks and personnel policies
- Review of existing employee policies, handbooks, and procedures
- Drafting of employment offer letters and agreements
- Compliance with wage and hour regulations
- Implementation of discipline and discharge protocols
- Investigations into employee misconduct
- Compliance with special statutory protections for the disabled
- Protection of employee privacy interests in the workplace
- Drafting of severance policies and separation agreements
- Preparation of confidentiality agreements, non-disclosure, and non-compete agreements
- Establishment of trade secret programs
- Pay equity
- Compliance with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Compliance with health and safety regulations
- Understanding background check rules and regulations
- Disciplinary actions
- Employee hiring
- Any other matter that pertains to the employer-employee relationship
It is difficult for small business owners to stay on top of the ever-changing employment laws and the court decisions that continually alter their meaning and scope. This makes it crucial to have proper legal guidance from a law firm that focuses primarily on state, federal, and local labor laws, as does The Boyd Law Group, PLLC.
To minimize your risk of employee complaints, claims, and lawsuits, we urge you to discuss your concerns and needs with one of our NYC employee relations lawyers in a free initial evaluation.
I am extremely pleased with the results that were achieved!
- A Senior Executive represented in a series of negotiations for his employment contract.
“I have worked with The Boyd Law Group since 2015 and am a very satisfied client. Every aspect has been exemplary. Patrick's legal knowledge, business acumen, personalized approach and staff. I am extremely pleased with the results that were achieved.”
Patrick & his team helped me during an extremely difficult time.
“He exceeded my expectations with not only the outcome of my case but his close attention to detail and constant communication. Best in the business.”
- From a Start-up Female Executive With Sexual Harassment Case
I would strongly recommend Mr. Boyd & his team.
“His advice and guidance was highly valuable in obtaining a positive outcome for my family.”
- From Wall Street Executive Whistleblower
He was extremely supportive, very communicative & professional.
“I got the outcome I desired and would highly recommend him for any employment and labor issues. 5 stars all around.”
- From a Fashion Executive With A Maternity Leave Case
Couldn't recommend more highly.
“I came to them not sure what to do, and they put me at ease and resolved things very quickly. I couldn't recommend them more highly.”
- From a Non-Profit Executive We Helped With Severance Negotiations