November 6, 2021
New York employment lawyers should be monitoring a change to the New York Labor Law which will meaningfully expand protections for whistleblowers making the state, in some ways, one of the most pro-employee jurisdictions in the country. The new law will go into effect on January 26, 2022.
October 29, 2021
BLG employment lawyers explain recent changes to sexual harassment law in Texas.
October 5, 2021
BLG office head Stephen Bourtin interviewed by the Connecticut Law Tribune on increased employee monitoring after Covid.
September 24, 2021
Patrick J. Boyd quoted by a reporter this week in an article relating to a Connecticut age discrimination ruling.
September 10, 2020
Please see our most recent video about the increase in workplace regulations and how BLG can help employers and small business owners.
September 3, 2021
BLG is pleased to announce that Patrick J. Boyd again received the top-rated lawyer award from AVVO - this time for 2021!
August 27, 2021
Patrick Boyd featured in the Connecticut Law Tribune with a Q&A on Labor and Employment Law trends.!
August 25, 2021
Please see Patrick Boyd's latest tv interview with BronxNet Community Television relating to Governor Cuomo's Resignation.
August 20, 2021
Congratulations to BLG associate Corinne!
August 19, 2021
Patrick J. Boyd was quoted yesterday in an article about workplace harassment.
August 6, 2021
Please see BLG's most recent blog about long COVID now constituting a disability.
July 28, 2021
Patrick J. Boyd was interviewed by the Connecticut Law Tribune again this week, this time he offered thoughts on representing high profile clients in employment law matters.
July 23, 2021
Patrick J. Boyd was quoted in the Connecticut Law Tribune this week relating to a recent appellate court workplace discrimination ruling.
July 21, 2021
BLG office head Stephen Bourtin was quoted yesterday in The New York Post, in an article by private equity expert Josh Kosman, about the latest developments in the defamation suit brought against former Apollo Global Management CEO Leon Black.
June 25, 2021
Please see our most recent blog post regarding the Supreme Court's ruling about school speech and the first amendment.
June 3, 2021
Patrick J. Boyd was quoted yesterday in The New York Post, in an article by private equity expert Josh Kosman, about the defamation suit brought against former Apollo Global Management CEO Leon Black.
May 25, 2021
BLG Office Head Steve Bourtin quoted in the press relating to COVID whistleblowers.
April 29, 2021
Please see Patrick Boyd's latest tv interview with BronxNet Community Television Community Television about sexual harassment and other allegations against Governor Cuomo.
April 23, 2021
Patrick J. Boyd was quoted in the Connecticut Law Tribune this week relating to a recent appellate court whistleblower ruling.
April 21, 2023
At BLG we pride ourselves on our unique in-house intake process.
April 15, 2021
BLG attorney Stephen Bourtin was quoted on Monday in the Connecticut Law Tribune about the potential for remote jury trials in the future.
April 8, 2021
BLG will be donating a percentage of its consultation revenue for the months of March and April to Ridgefield Operation for Animal Rescue - ROAR . ROAR was founded on the principle of providing animals in need with the same love, care and compassion we show our family pets. Mookie, the cat featured in the photo below, was adopted from ROAR several years ago by Firm founder Patrick Boyd's family and is an important part of the clan!
March 29, 2021
It was a pleasure working with St. John's University School of Law and Federico Foli - Mindful Leadership Advocate , CEO and founder of Nexxpansion and the Chief Strategy Officer of Axians NA, on the CLE seminar "Severance Agreements, Non-Complete, and Negotiating with New Employers."
March 25, 2021
Please see Patrick Boyd's latest tv interview with BronxNet Community Television Community Television about the most recent stimulus plan and its impact on employment law and unemployment benefits.
March 23, 2021
Please see here the second part of Lindsey Novak 's article relating to hostile work environments and workplace harassment. In the article, our CT office head Steve Bourtin discusses the legal threshold that must be met in order to have actionable claims.
March 12, 2021
Please see the article by Lindsey Novak which quotes BLG attorney Steve Bourtin as an authority on hostile work environment law.
January 27, 2021
Patrick J. Boyd moderated a panel last Friday for the New York State Bar Association's Labor & Employment Law Section. The group discussed the risks and benefits of working with the press in employment law cases. Management and plaintiff-side attorneys, an ethics attorney and a reporter participated!
January 20, 2021
This week Patrick J. Boyd was interviewed by Daren Jaime of BronxNet Community Television relating to the second stimulus package, returning to work and a new civil rights law.
January 15, 2021
For the next two months, consistent with the Firm's monthly donations towards charities, BLG will be contributing a portion of revenue to the David Gregory Labor and Employment Law Scholarship, which was established by family, friends, alumni, and colleagues in Professor Gregory's honor to benefit St. John's Law students who want to practice in the field of labor and employment law.
Professor Gregory served as the Law School's Dorothy Day Professor of Law from in 1982 to 2017, where he founded the Center for Labor and Employment Law with a focus on the importance, and the sanctity, of doing good work in the world. "The Center strives to show students, by engagement and example, that they can be successful practitioners who also give back to their communities", Professor Gregory said early on. Firm founder Patrick J. Boyd worked as Professor Gregory's research assistant for several years in law school, and we are honored to contribute to Professor Gregory's fund. You can learn more about the SJU Center for Labor and Employment Law using the link below.
December 15, 2020
We are pleased to announce that ThreeBestRated, an independent business rating site, has selected The Boyd Law Group, PLLC as one of the top three employment law firms in Stamford, CT. ThreeBestRated reviews local businesses across the United States and selects the top three local businesses that are considered the best in each city for specific business categories. They use a 50-point inspection, which includes customer reviews, history, complaints, ratings, satisfaction, trust, cost and more to determine which companies deliver overall excellence in the industry. ThreeBestRated offers its services for free and companies never pay to be listed.
December 10, 2020
Please see our most recent blog post about The Affordable Care Act, Justice Barrett and employment law.
December 4, 2020
BLG is proud to be a sponsor of the Ann's Place Festival of Trees this holiday season! You can find more information about their virtual event below. Ann's Place is located in Danbury, CT and the organization provides support and resources to patients and families dealing with cancer.
November 6, 2020
Congratulations to Patrick J. Boyd for being named to the 2020 New York Metro Super Lawyers list as a labor and employment attorney for the 7th year in a row!
October 6, 2020
Yesterday, the New York Post reported on a recent age discrimination case brought by one of BLG's clients against Boyden World Capital, his former employer. Our client, Gray Hollett, was the chief marketing officer at Boyden and faced blatant and hostile ageist remarks from Boyden partners and board members before he was fired. As part of the charge we filed we have included a series of hostile e-mail exchanges a managing director sent Mr. Hollett declaring his ideas as "outdated" and asserting that it was "time [for him] to retire". Our client was fired shortly after reporting his concerns over this conduct to Boyden management.
The Boyd Law Group remains dedicated to protecting the personal and economic interests of employees who were unfairly terminated and/or unlawfully discriminated against. Each and every one of us may face some form of age discrimination at some point in our careers and the outpouring of support for Mr. Hollett in response to the New York Post article and on social media shows that these concerns are resonating and are not isolated. The full article can be found here.
Aug 20, 2020
Aug 13, 2020
We are pleased to announce that Patrick J. Boyd was recently named as an Avvo Top-Rated Lawyer for 2020. Patrick has received the award for the past four years in a row. AVVO ratings are unbiased and earned by an attorney only through a stringent review process by legal professionals which incorporate client reviews, peer endorsements and a number of other factors.
Jul 04, 2020
Happy 4 th of July weekend! This holiday month we will be donating a portion of our consultation proceeds to The Center for American Military Music Opportunities. CAMMO is a program that helps veterans and service members further their careers in the music industry.
June 24, 2020
BLG has been donating a portion of consultation fees to charities this year. We donated a percentage of May's consultation revenue to Black Girl Ventures . They sent us this " Thank You Video " which we wanted to share as it speaks to some of the amazing work they do for Black and Brown women-identifying business founders to help them succeed.
June 07, 2020
BLG is happy to sponsor The Carriage Barn Arts Center's fundraiser - Art In The Windows - going on now in downtown New Canaan, CT. All proceeds go to local artists, CBAC and local businesses.
June 04, 2020
Please read our most recent Blog post reviewing EEOC guidance on returning to work issues.
May 22, 2020
Please see our most recent Blog post about Tesla and the lawsuit they brought in efforts to reopen.
May 11, 2020
Please see our most recent Blog post discussing legal issues and concerns relating to the PPP.
April 23, 2020
Please see Patrick J. Boyd 's most recent television interview relating to employee rights and COVID-19. #theboydlawgroup #letustaketheworryoutofyourwork
April 16, 2020
Patrick J. Boyd quoted in the New York Law Journal yesterday relating to the debate between Governor Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio over the closure of New York City schools.
April 13, 2020
The Boyd Law Group is happy to announce that Patrick J. Boyd was named as an "AVVO Top-Rated Lawyer" in 2020 for the the fourth year in a row. Thank you to all of our clients who submitted the reviews which made this award possible!
April 3, 2020
Please see our most recent blog post about the the CARES Act and how it can help small businesses.
March 23, 2020
Please see our most recent blog post relating to newly established or expanded employee rights designed to help workers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
March 18, 2020
Patrick was pleased to give some feedback on the impact COVID-19 is having on the workplace during a local tv interview .
March 16, 2020
Please see our notice regarding COVID-19.
March 9, 2020
Please read our most resent blog post concerning the Coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak and its implications for the modern day workplace.
March 2, 2020
Patrick J. Boyd of BLG had chance to catch up with labor and employment law agency representatives and friends and at JAMS event relating to agency and court practice - thanks to Tiffany Ma for the invite!
February 22, 2020
Please see our most recent Blog post about filing discrimination suits anonymously and the Jones Day litigation.
February 20, 2020
A nice recent client review for BLG.
January 28, 2020
Please see our most recent blog post about developments in the law relating to independent contractors.
January 13, 2020
Please see our blog post relating to the former Boeing CEO and his contract.
- Patrick Boyd presented on “Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964” at 50 Symposium at St. John’s Law School (April 2014).
- William Li served as a panelist for a St. John’s University seminar for law students relating to labor and employment law careers (September 2011)
- Co-author of the article “Prudish or Prudent” contemplation of the sexual harassment and paramour exception and U.S. and U.K. law presented at conference “Worlds of Work: Employment Dispute Resolution Systems Across the Globe” (Cambridge, July 2011)
- Patrick Boyd and William Li presented “Prudish or Prudent” relating to sexual harassment and the paramour exception under U.S. and U.K. law. Presentation given at conference “Worlds of Work: Employment Dispute Resolution Systems Across the Globe” (Cambridge, July 2011)
- Patrick Boyd served as chair for a presentation entitled “Watch Out! A Guide To Ethical Practices in Start-ups & Smaller Firms” hosted by the Association of the Bar of the City of New York (October 2008)
- Patrick Boyd served as a moderator for a presentation entitled “Growing Your Practice” hosted by the Association of the Bar of the City of New York (October 2007)
- Patrick Boyd served as a chair for a presentation entitled “Watch Out! A Guide To Ethical Practices in Start-ups & Smaller Firms” hosted by the Association of the Bar of the City of New York (May 2007)
- Co-author of article “Revelations of Retaliation” analyzing the Supreme Court’s decision in Burlington Northern v. White, GC New York (November 2006)
- Patrick Boyd spoke on employment law issues at the conference “The Transatlantic Perspectives on Labor and Employment Law” co-sponsored by St. John’s University School of Law and the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (London, July 2006)
- Patrick Boyd served as a chair for a presentation entitled “Ethical Challenges Facing Small Firm Practitioners” hosted by the Association of the Bar of the City of New York (April 2006)
- Patrick Boyd was a moderator for a presentation entitled “Employment Litigation Under Title VII: Racial Slurs in the Workplace” hosted by the Association of the Bar of the City of New York (December 2005)
- Patrick Boyd was a panelist at the 7th Annual Management Lawyers Colloquium hosted by St. John’s University School of Law (2002)
- Author of article “Tipping the Balance of Power: Electronic Monitoring in the Workplace”, St. John’s Journal of Legal Commentary (2000)
- Research editor for conference “Transatlantic Perspectives on Labor and Employment Law”, University College Dublin Law School (July 2000)
- Primary research editor for “The Colloquium on the Welfare Workforce”, featured in St. John’s Law Review (2000)
- Faculty research assistant for article “The First Amendment and the Labor Relations of Religiously-Affiliated Employers”, Boston University Public Interest Law Journal (1999)
- Faculty research assistant to Professor David L. Gregory for treatise “Labor-Management Relations and the Law”, Foundation Press (1999)