• Employment Law and Litigation
• Non-Compete and Contract Litigation
• Traditional Labor Law
Patrick founded BLG and is a experienced labor and employment law attorney frequently featured in the press including on Fox News and in the New York Times relating to labor and employment issues. He has represented individual executives including many CEOs, Fortune 100 companies and small businesses in employment, labor, and education law matters.
He has counseled clients on the full range of workplace law issues, including claims of wrongful discharge, harassment, wage and hour violations (including class actions) and claim of discrimination under federal, state and local laws.
Patrick also has significant experience with handling traditional labor relations matters like collective bargaining, grievance arbitrations and matters before the National Labor Relations Board.
Prior to founding The Boyd Law Group, PLLC, Patrick practiced labor and employment law at a large, nationally recognized law firm and for the Office of the General Counsel at The New York City Board of Education.
Martindale-Hubbell® Client Distinction Award
Every year since 2012 BLG has been awarded the Martindale-Hubbell® honor of distinction for client service. Less than 4% of the 900,000+ attorneys listed on martindale.com and lawyers.com have received this award. This honor has been made possible by BLG´s clients who have taken the time to provide customer feedback in the following areas:
✓ Communications Ability
✓ Quality of Service
✓ Value for Money
Since 2013 Patrick has been named as a Super Lawyer in the field of Employment law.
• Member of Executive Committee Board of Advisors of the Center for Labor and Employment Law at St. John’s University, School of Law
• Member of the Executive Committee for the class of 1995 at Dartmouth College
• The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
• The National Employment Lawyers Association
• The New York Section of the National Employment Lawyers Association
• The Dartmouth Lawyers Association
• New York
Federal Court Admissions:
• Southern District of New York
• Eastern District of New York
• Western District of New York
• Northern District of New York
• District of Connecticut
In addition to advising clients and running his firm, Patrick Boyd speaks regularly and is often quoted in the press. He also contributes to law journals as both an editor and writer, and is an avid guitar player. To learn more about Patrick’s involvement in the community please see Press and Publications.
Dartmouth College, B.A. (1995). Dual major in Literature and Government.
Current Member of the Executive Committee for the Dartmouth College class of 1995
St. John’s University School of Law, J.D. (2000)
Law school curriculum focused on labor and employment law, and faculty research assistant for Labor and Employment Law Professor David L. Gregory
Current and long standing Executive member of the St. John’s Labor Relations and Employment Law Society